Mahabaya – it means in Hebrew"What's the Problem"
The Centre for Psychological Counseling Services by Telephone
Mahabaya was established to give individuals in need access to psychological counseling and treatmentservices by telephone, which isan immediate, efficient, and cost-effective methodfor people to get the help they need when they need it – and at a price they can afford.
Our team of highly qualified professionals are all carefully selected experts in their field:
- Most are Psychologists
- Most have a master's degree or higher
- Most of them graduated cum laude or summa cum laude
- Several have written books in their specialty
- Several have published scientific papers
- All are practising successfully in their chosen fields
Rapid advances in telecommunications technology now permit systematic approaches to handling large volumes of incoming callers and directing them to the appropriate specialists they seek to reach, who are part of the Mahabaya professional team and who have agreed to make themselves available by phone using the Mahabaya technical platform.
This method of delivery of psychological services is today increasing in scope worldwide, and support for it is growing in the academic community.
For example, in March, 2011 Professor Allan Kazdin, of Yale University, a leading opinion maker in the field of mental health in the United Statespublished a remarkable paper called "Rebooting Psychotherapy Research and Practice…." This provocative article surprised the mental health therapeutic community when he statesbluntly that the traditional method of in-clinic delivery of psychological services is limited in its availability,and discusses the options for broader access to treatment that new technologies can offer, including the delivery of services using the itnernet and by telephone.
Mahabaya's goal is to provide a way for our clients to access our team of experts effectively by teldephone, to pay for service directly on their telephone bill and to only pay for the time they use – at NIS 6 shekels per minute you only pay for the number of minutes you talk to the professional of your choice.
Members of the Team include:
- Psychologists, all types of mental problems and emotional difficulties.
- Medical Psychologists - rehabilitation for those who have sufferedfrom serious illnes, and their families who need counseling, accompaniment, support and guidance.
- Child Psychologists and Therapists for teenagers and other young people, in areas such as family and scholastic discipline, rebellion, behavioral problems, learning difficulties, emotional problems, gender issues and more.
- Senior Psychiatrist, a lecturer at the School of Medicine at Tel Aviv University, working at the psychiatric clinic in Nes Ziona, co-author of two books in the field of psychiatry, one of which is a lexicon of psychiatric drugs.
- Developmental Psychologists for babies and toddlers.
- Educational Psychologists, learning problems, ADHD, adjustment to the group, social problems.
- Occupational Psychologists and Guidance Counsellors for dealing with employment and workplace issues
- Business Psychologists.
- Marital and family Therapists.
- Religious Psychologists providing guidance for issues of particular relevance to members of religious comminuities.
In many cases services are available in the English, Russian and Spanish languages as well as Hebrew
To see the professional qualifications and credentials of all the members of our team click on : Our team